- Heat heavy cream on stove until steaming; do not boil.
- Add chocolate to a heatproof mixing bowl. Pour steaming cream over the chocolate and let sit for about 20 seconds to melt chocolate slightly.
- With a handheld whisk, slowly mix cream and chocolate together, until just incorporated (about 2-3 minutes).
- Continue mixing slowly and add orange flavored liquer and vanilla until just incorporated. Let the mixture sit for at least 1 hour.
- When the mixture is firm, use two tablespoons, one to scoop the chocolate and the other to push onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll the truffles with the palms of your hands to create a round ball (wear latex gloves).
- Roll the truffles in cocoa powder, confectioners’ sugar or finely chopped nuts to finish.
** flavoring is optional and also open to many others! Raspberry – chambord, frangelica, or your favorite etc.